Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. The sponsor of the 24/7 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is Key to the City Productions, LLC (“Sponsor”), an independent company not affiliated with, but airing on NBC 5 Chicago. To enter the Sweepstakes, complete the Form according to the instructions. All fields must be filled out to be considered for entry. As an alternative form of entry, send an email with subject “Sweepstakes Entry”, and containing your e-mail address, ZIP code, and First and Last Name to email@example.com . Sweepstakes void outside of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are 18 years of age or older as of the end date of the Sweepstakes. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win prizes: (a) Employees of Key to the City Productions, LLC, their affiliates and distributors engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes, (b) employees of advertising agencies associated with Key to the City Productions, LLC, or prize donors, (c) any sponsors of affiliated companies, (d) prize donors or their employees, parent companies, affiliates, or subsidiaries, (e) persons who are immediate family or who live in the same household as person in any of the preceding categories (whether related or unrelated). As used herein, “family members” means spouse, ex-spouse, domestic partner, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, step-mother, step-father, brother, sister, children, and grandchildren.
2. When a winner is contacted, the winner has 3 days from the Sponsor sending the winning notification to the submitted email address to respond. The date and time in which to determine the deadline to respond will be set by the Sponsor’s sent winning notification email’s date and time. Any email addresses that returns to the sponsor as undeliverable will make null and void the winning entry the email was submitted on. Sweepstakes entries are null and void and will be rejected if any part is incomprehensible, tampered with, or forged, or if any Sweepstakes entries contain typographical, or other errors. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor’s decision is final and binding with respect to all non-drawing contest matters and issues, including, without limitation, the awarding of prizes, and cannot be appealed.
3. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each Sweepstakes prize drawing. Participant waives the right to assert, as a cost of winning a prize, any and all cost of redemption, delivery, or travel to redeem said prize, and any liability which might arise from redeeming, or seeking to redeem said prize. By participating, participant agrees to abide by, and be bound by, these Official Rules and waives any argument that the Official Rules are ambiguous. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, the Sweepstakes prize donors, and its and their respective divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, trustees, agents, and successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, losses, liabilities, and damages of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, bodily injury, personal injury, death, disability, and property damage), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, settlement, and disbursements) directly or indirectly arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes, the redemption, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of a prize or any portion of a prize and participation in any prize-related activities and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, even if Sponsor has been forewarned of possibility of the same. In the event of any dispute regarding this Sweepstakes, the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of the United States and the State of Illinois exclusively by and within the courts of Cook County, Illinois without regard to conflict of law principles. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Judgments and awards shall be limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded. Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages. Prizes will be awarded after total compliance with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunction, fit, availability, delays, or damage in delivery of prizes. If listed prize is not available, substitution is at the Sponsor’s discretion, but will be of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitution or cash redemptions, unless so stated, in the Official Prize Description and rules. Limit one (1) prize per drawing per individual or household provided that the winners are eligible to win other prizes. In the event one individual is selected for more than one prize, that individual will be awarded only the prize with the greater monetary value, as that value is determined by the prize donor(s). The prize of lesser value will be awarded to another individual chosen at random. All federal, state and local taxes, including without limitation sales tax, if applicable, are the winner’s sole responsibility. Winners of any prize with an Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of $600 or more will receive a 1099 from Sponsor. The value of each Sweepstakes prize represents that prize donor’s good faith determination of the ARV thereof and such determination is final for all purposes and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of a prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash to the prize winner. Winners will be notified by email within 1 week of stated Sweepstakes end date. All winners of prizes valued at $600 or greater will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability/publicity, to be returned to the Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of mailing. If not returned within that 14-day period, if winner refuses the prize or if the winner cannot be located, an alternate winner will be selected if sufficient time exists to confirm and verify alternate winner. In addition, winners of travel prizes and their guests will be required to sign a release and a waiver of liability for travel alterations, modifications, adjustments, and/or perils encountered in the course of travel as well as a publicity release (unless otherwise prohibited by law). Travel prizes do not include air or ground transportation unless otherwise stated. All travel prizes that include air and/or ground travel as a component of the prize, unless otherwise stated, include roundtrip coach airfare from Chicago. If the winner of a travel prize that includes air transportation lives within a 150-mile radius of the travel destination then winner will forfeit the air and/or ground transportation portion of the prize and will be required to provide his/her own transportation to and from that destination. Hotel accommodations based on double occupancy and do not include meals, unless otherwise stated. Winner is responsible for all expenses not included in the prize description including, without limitation, room service, souvenirs, tips, and telephone charges. Travel prize winner and guest(s) must travel on same itinerary including, without limitation, the same departure and return dates. Once travel commences, no stopovers are permitted; if stopover occurs, full fare will be charged to prize winner from stopover point for the remaining segments of the trip (including, without limitation, returns). Travel prizes are subject to space and departure availability, blackout dates, and other restrictions. Reservations and airline tickets are non-refundable for cash or credit, non-transferable, and non-changeable once issued. If lost, they will not be replaced. Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution, or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers. Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Winners will receive a complete listing of all requirements for redemption of travel prizes. By accepting a prize, winner releases Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates from and against all liability with respect to any prize, and acknowledges that neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates have made, nor are in any manner, responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, regarding the use of the prize including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose or suitability for use. Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates accept no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, rerouting, or acts of any government or authority. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness for publicity/advertising purposes by Sponsor without notice, additional compensation, review, or approval in all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe. A prize winner cannot return, refuse, or forfeit a prize after that thirty (30) day period following the date of the mailing of the prize certificate to the winner.
5. If, for any reasons, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to, without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error, typographical errors in any Sweepstakes materials, or any other cause that, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitably by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates shall not be liable to any person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any act of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the actions, regulations, orders, or requests prove to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any similar or dissimilar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. Any person who supplies false information, enters by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain a prize will forfeit the prize won and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor is not responsible for human errors or errors contained in Sweepstakes materials including, without limitation, these Official Rules.
6. A list of prize winners can be obtained 2 weeks after the stated end date of the requested Sweepstakes by sending a stamped, self-addressed business envelope to the address below. Requests must be received by 4 weeks after the stated end date of the requested Sweepstakes. Limit: one (1) request and one (1) list per household. Mail to: 24/7: Secrets of the City on NBC5, 454 North Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60611-5555
- The total approximate retail value of prizes to be awarded varies between Sweepstakes.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan who are 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Key to the City Productions, LLC.