Art Smith’s Fish Recipe
Make these 3 separately, then combine as instructed:
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ea. 6 ounce portion· Maryland Wild Stripped Bass (or· Fresh Catch)
- 1 ea. Lemon, halved
In a sauté pan over high heat, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and gently place fish presentation side down, cook for 4 minutes on each side.· Remove from heat, resting in the pan for another 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Braised Red Cabbage with Mustard
- ½ Tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup dried red currents or cherries
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage, soaked in cold water
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ¼ lb butter – optional
- 1 Shallot, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 8 ounces Farmers Greens· ( Arugula, Mache, Spinach Optional)
Saute shallots in butter over medium high-heat until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add mustard and red cabbage and cook for 8-10 minutes over low heat. Add raisins and currants, and cook for 5 more minutes, finish with herbs in herbs. Salt and pepper to taste
Pink Peppercorn-Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoons each of toasted pink and white peppercorns (ground)
- 1 tablespoon honey or white sugar (add until desired sweetness is reached)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ ea. Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
Combine all ingredients, except oil, in mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk, slowly add oil into mixture while continuously whisking. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
To Complete the Dish:
Place cabbage on plate, and lay the fish over the top. Lightly toss the greens with pink peppercorn vinaigrette, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place alongside fish.
Trackback from your site.